The Noble assembly in Moscow is a public building in a classical style, built by M. F. Kazakov in Okhotny Ryad for Moscow Nobility Association in 1775 at the latest. In the Soviet times it was renamed as the House of Unions.
The building was constructed for Duke V. M. Dolgoruky-Krymsky in the first half of the eighteenth century.
In 1784 after the owner's death the estate was purchased in the name of A. B. Golitsyn by the Moscow Nobility Association for arranging of balls and receptions. The House of Dolgorukov-Krymsky became the center of Moscow social life in Pushkin's and Catherine's times. Balls in the Moscow Noble Assembly arranged on Tuesdays admitted "up to four thousand people". Duke P.A. Vyazemsky called them "the real Russian forum".
The beautiful double-height hall, "which had no rival in Russia", surrounded by slender marble columns was one of the finest architectural sights of Moscow. It was illuminated by "a variety of chandeliers and multi-colored lights in glasses".
For the Lent time the balls were stopped, but the nobles gathered in the house of the Noble Assembly twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays for concerts, that were excellent as well as crowded. Music was held in high esteem in Moscow.